I can’t anymore follow very advanced bodybuilding programs, because I am already a quite old man (71 y). Over 50 years of lifting weights, doing other physical activities, and in the year 1999 diagnosed bone marrow cancer have produced damages in my body, too. So I build my own workouts.
Just now I train at home with weights every other or, if needed, the third day.
1. chest + back
2. quads + hamstrings
3. side delts + rear delts, triceps + biceps, abs + calves
I do supersets. This means doing two exercises one after another with minimal rest between.
SUPERSET WORKOUT 1
- I do Lat Pulldown with Total Gym 1000 a barbell as additional weight.
- I do T-Bar Row separately with the left and right arm.
- I use the same weight in all four sets.
- I try to add one rep to each set for every workout (e.g. 4×6, 4×7…)
If you are a healthy advanced trainer, you can try these programs below: